Due to Hurricane Irma, U.S. Postal Service operations are currently suspended in zip codes beginning with 330, 331, 332, 333, 334, 340 and 349. To safeguard your order, we will ask you to verify your ability to receive your products at the shipping address on record, or you may provide a different address. Simply respond to our verification email, or call our Customer Care team at 800.821.0821. Thank you for helping us ensure that your notary supply order is delivered accurately and safely into your custody.

My Account

Each notary applicant must register and may complete one application per user account.

Become a Notary
Notary Renewal
Welcome, Guest
Performing Notarizations and Marriage Ceremonies
  • Page:

TOPIC: Marriage License

Marriage License 2 months 4 weeks ago #1974

I'm very close to location of clerk of court. I get several requests for just signing no officiant no vows for marriage license every week.

I charge $20 with no vows. I had customers yesterday tell me they were directed by the clerk of court to travel 20 min away to a notary who charges $65. My customers found me online by location as being 2 min away. They were confused by such a difference in pricing and angry the clerk suggested this other notary. So they left and googled notary and were at my office in 5 min. Completed in 10 min. Actually said I should charge more as that's how I found out about this.

Is it ethical and legal for the county to refer to this other location 20 min away and is that fee illegal out of compliance?

If I provide vows or a small wedding in my venue I only charge $30.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:

Replies in Topic: Marriage License

Marriage License Melissa Bennae 2 months 4 weeks ago
Marriage License Emily GIlchrist 2 months 4 weeks ago