My Account

Each notary applicant must register and may complete one application per user account.

Become a Notary
Notary Renewal

Can I transfer my Florida notary commission to another state?

You are currently a Florida notary who will be relocating to another state soon and would like to continue working as a notary in the new state. Can you transfer your Florida notary commission to the new state of residence?

The answer is no. Pursuant to Section 117.01(5)(b), Florida Statutes, if you move out of state and change your legal residence, you must resign your notary public commission. You can then apply to become a notary in your new state of residence.

Steps to resigning your Florida notary commission:

  1. Send a signed letter of resignation to the Governor and return your certificate of notary public commission to: Executive Office of the Governor, Notary Section, The Capitol, Suite 209, 400 S. Monroe St., Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001. You may use Appendix B of the Governor's Manual for the resignation form.

  2. Destroy your official notary public seal of office, unless the Governor requests its return.

If you would like to further help in resigning your Florida notary commission, please call us, Notary Public Underwriters, your Florida notary bonding agency. We are always happy to help you navigate the Florida notary process. You can reach our Florida notary service department at (800) 821-0821.